Purina® TIDY CATS® BREEZE® Cat Litter Box System
Directions for Use:
Animal Behaviorists recommend multiple cat households have multiple litter boxes: one system per cat, plus one additional system. (2 cats = 3 litter systems).
1. Snap the side-wall on the grated base.
2. Place a cat pad in the drawer of the breeze litter box. Slide the drawer into the base.
3. Fill the top portion of the breeze litter system with one package of litter pellets.
1. Scoop out solid waste and dispose of daily. Note: Litter pellets do not clump.
2. Add more litter pellets as necessary. Note: Litter pellets generally last one month.
3. Slide drawer out to replace soiled pad. Drawer can be rotated 180 degrees, without touching the pad, to extend pad life. Note: Breeze Pads generally last up to one week for a single cat.
Transitioning Your Cat: For best results, please follow all steps:
1. Place a cat pad, soft side up, in the drawer. Slide the drawer into the base. Fill the top portion of the box with one package of litter pellets.
2. Put stool and/or urine clumps from your previous litter box onto the litter pellets in the Breeze litter box. This helps your cat understand that Breeze is her new litter box.
3. Place the Breeze litter box next to your previous litter box, and let your cat have access to both boxes. Please stop cleaning your previous litter box.
4. After 2-3 days, remove your previous litter box.
Dos and Don'ts:
Most cats need time to adjusts to the change in their litter. During the transition, please help your cat by observing the following:
Do be patient. The Breeze litter box is very different from traditional litters, and some cats may take longer than others to make the switch.
Don't force your cat into the Breeze litter box. Let her explore the new box on her own. It's important that your cat chooses to use the new box on her own. forcing her into the Breeze litter box could frighten her, and she may avoid using it altogether.
Do set up your new Breeze litter box right next to your previous litter box. Putting your Breeze litter box in the same location helps to minimize the change your cat is experiencing.
Don't hover around the Breeze litter box. Give your cat a chance to explore it on her own. Even cats prefer a little privacy when they are doing their business! We know every cat is different.